Workshopping offers learning opportunities for all those who deal with the moving human body, regardless of professional affiliation.
2 DAY WORKSHOP
A more theoretical approach with practical instruction:
- The Contractile Field model – the model clothed in substantive detail and applied to exercise and manual therapy.
- Decoding the Meridial Map – the theory behind and a ‘hands on’ exploration of the world’s oldest medical map.
1 DAY WORKSHOP
Provides an introduction to any one of the following spheres of work:
- The Contractile Field model
- Archetypal Postures and the Erectorcises
- Decoding the Meridial Map
3+ DAY WORKSHOP
Explore in greater detail the three spheres of my work – The Contractile Field model, Archetypal Postures and the Erectorcises, and Decoding the Meridial Map – and their profound interrelationships.
Manual therapy can only be meaningfully taught in small groups with one-to-one ‘hands on’ supervision.
For information about availability and costs please contact us: email@example.com
MUSCLES AND MERIDIANS – THE BOOK
Phillip’s book, Muscles and Meridians: The Manipulation of Shape (Elsevier 2010), breaks new conceptual ground in the realm of human movement. Firmly based in an understanding of evolutionary and developmental biology, this volume introduces the three core insights developed:
- Contractile Fields
- Archetypal Postures as an assessment methodology
- How these two ideas may be applied to understanding the world’s oldest medical map.